Tired of trying to download from upload / download sites such as Rapidshare, Zshare, Megaupload, and more just to do other tasks on the computer and then come to find your download has timed out and you have to redo the process of downloading all over again?
Well I USED to have to deal with that problem but not anymore since I went and did due diligence for a solution! Today I’m happy to share this solution to increase your productivity!
WorkPause is a countdown timer application. It increases your productivity by alerting you when to do certain tasks without you worrying about keeping track of it. The key benefit this application has over others is that it’s a lightweight, non-resource hog and it has a sound you can set to alert you when time is almost up. WorkPause also freezes your screen so that have no choice but to notice its time to do your task. If you want a less intrusive way of being alerted it has a balloon tip that appears on your task bar.
Interesting productive ways I have used this program is while cooking I set the timer, so while I’m busy working I just relax and not worry about my masterpiece burning, LOL.
I also use it on another computer in my network to alert me when something on my other computer should be done such as a render of a video file. The most common use though was for downloading files from timed websites, especially with Rapidshare. With Rapidshare, as if the timer wasn’t enough we are greeted with a Mensa style CAPHTCHA! But lets stay on topic
With WorkPause catching the time to download from Rapidshare without it timing out has been a breeze & relief! I no longer use WorkPause for Rapidshare because I buy yearly accounts now
As we wind down to the instructions and video, wouldn’t you say $24.95 is cheap enough to keep your sanity and be productive at the same time?
- Download and install WorkPause. While installing choose if you want it to run when your Windows starts or not.
- Right click WorkPause in your taskbar and set your settings as shown in the video.
VIDEO TUTORIAL [Please View Fullscreen]
Words From WorkPause Creator Praven3 Software:
WorkPause is a rest reminder - a software program to remind you, when necessary, to break your work and have some rest. It has been proven that the regular rest breaks reduce the risk of developing RSI or other computer-related diseases, and help to avoid eyestrain.
In a few words, WorkPause works like this:
- You can specify how much time you’d like to work between the breaks, when to have short or long breaks etc.
- While you work, WorkPause sits in the system tray and shows you the time left until the next pause. It will monitor the intensity of your work and adjust the timing accordingly.
- When it’s time for a rest break, WorkPause will let you know; it can use sound with a small message, or black out the screen to make sure you really stop working.
- Of course, if you don’t like to break right now, you can always postpone or disable the alarms.
WorkPause is much more than just a break reminder. While you work, it will collect and show you statistics on how you use your computer. It will adjust the frequency and the timings of the breaks according to your tempo. And it’s fully configurable so you can easily adapt it to the way you work.
Works on Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows XP or Microsoft Windows 2000.
List Of Popular File Upload Sites:
Here list of Upload sharing sites such as Rapidshare, Megaupload, and Zshare similar sites all around the net:
- http://www.badongo.com/ - Free file hosting service that enables user to upload unlimited files (up to 1 GB per file), with no sign up required to upload or download. But upon sign up user will gain more advantages called ‘Badongo Buddy’ features, this feature will unlock access to many tools such as photo gallery/album, multiple uploads, drag and drop upload via IE, search
uploaded files etc. Download accelerator is not supported here.
- http://www.rapidshare.com/ - Upload limit: unlimited, maximal 100MB size per file, no sign up required, unlimited download, absolutely no download accelerator supported for free account.
- http://www.filefront.com/ - specialized in game patch downloads, game downloads although it also applicable for file free hosting.
- http://www.sendspace.com/ - Send big files in easy way with sendspace, unlimited uploads with up to 300MB filesize per file, unlimited download, no sign up required. Only premium user member (sendspace Max) can resume broken download.
- http://www.turboupload.com/ - Maximum size per file is 70MB, turboupload.com is in beta test. Haven’t tested the download accelerator support.
- http://www.zshare.net/ - zShare is Free File Hosting, free Image hosting, Free Video Hosting, Free Audio Hosting and Free Flash Hosting. Up to 100MB per file on upload, and upload as many as you wish, unlimited download, no hot linking to files, files with no download activity in 60 days will be removed from server. Not supporting download accelerator
- http://www.filefactory.com/ - Upload and download files without have to register it first, but upon registration you will able to track downloaded file, create file & music widget etc. 300 MB is the maximum size per file, upload unlimited file. Haven’t tried with download accelerator.
- http://www.mediafire.com/ - No sign up required to upload or download from mediafire, upload unlimited amount of files, each file up to 100MB filesize, and it supports download accelerator to resume broken download.
- http://www.megaupload.com/ - Share your files quickly, securely, and easily. Megaupload provides free
web space for your documents, pictures, music and movies.
- http://www.putfile.com/ - Putfile offers free videos and photos sharing. Unlimited photo storage and up to
200 MB per video. Upload your photos and videos, and share them with friends and family.
- http://www.yousendit.com/ - YouSendIt is the No.1 digital delivery company serving business and individuals on the Web today. Innovative service enables users to send, receive and track files, on-demand. YouSendIt provides a trusted, convenient and smart solution for transferring large files over the Internet, replacing the need for FTP transfers, overnight couriers and unreliable email attachments. YouSendIt’s technology platform provides developers and partners the resources for integrating YouSendIt services into the applications people use for creating and communicating. When it has to be there now- just YouSendIt!
What Is CAPTCHA?
A CAPTCHA (Completely Automated Public Turing Test to tell Computers and Humans Apart) is a challenge-response system test designed to differentiate humans from automated programs. A CAPTCHA differentiates between human and bot by setting some task that is easy for most humans to perform but is more difficult and time-consuming for current bots to complete.
CAPTCHAs are often used to stop bots and other automated programs from using blogs to affect search engine rankings, signing up for e-mail accounts to send out spam or take part in on-line polls.
Frequently, a CAPTCHA features an image file of slightly distorted alphanumeric characters. A human can usually read the characters in the image without too much difficulty. A bot program is able to recognize that the content contains an image , but it has no idea what the image is. To accommodate the visually-impaired, some CAPTCHAs use audio files. In such a system, the human listens to a series of letters or short words and types what he hears to prove he is not a bot.
What you see above is an example of a CAPTCHA program called E-Z Gimpy. Although it is one of the most commonly used CAPTCHAs, it is also the easiest to crack by using a dictionary attack. The full edition of GIMPY is considered to be more secure. It randomly selects seven words from a dictionary and then presents them, somewhat distorted, in an image. The user is asked to type three of the words that appear in the image.
Another test, “Pix,” presents the user with six images of a single subject, such as babies or horses, and asks them to define the subject of the pictures. Math CAPTCHAs are very popular on blog software. A Math CAPTCHA uses numbers instead of letters and asks the human to solve a simple mathematical calculation (4 +3 =) and record the answer.
Once a user has completed a particular CAPTCHA challenge satisfactorily, he is granted access. His address or login information may be added to a whitelist so that he is not asked to take the test on his next visit.
Badongo, Break Reminder, Downloading, Filefactory, Filefront, Flyupload, Internet, Megashares, Megaupload, Microsoft windows, OOS, Praven3, Productivity, Rapidshare, RSI, RSI Prevention, Shareware, Upload, Upload Files For Sharing, Utilities, Video Guide, Video Tutorial, Windows, WorkPause, XP, Yousendit, Zshare