Is your browser constantly redirecting to websites with overclick.cn in it? I will show you how to easily remove this virus once and for all!
Every time you go to a website, is your browser constantly being redirected to a website with overclick.cn in it such as “http://overclick.cn/gk73….etc” I noticed this especially happens when using Google to search this happened often! Some people were thinking that Google was to blame but it wasn’t Google’s fault Does this sound like a problem you have? Well read on how to remove this pesky nuisance called overclick.cn virus!
1 of my workstations got infected by the blasphemous overclick.cn so I said hey, why not share my experience removing it with others LOL! In my quest to get rid of the overclick.cn virus I have used various tools to get rid of it, such as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite, and other assorted programs but the one that finally did it for me was Combofix. Combofix.exe is a freeware program that doesn’t need installing and runs as is.
Please be aware of fake sites stating you can download Combofix.exe from their website! Always get it from the link I provided to be safe and sure, or you may have a host of other problems besides the overclick.cn virus!
Now enough banter, LOL, Just follow along with my instructions below.
Please leave feedback if this has helped you, thanks
- Visit Combofix and find the link to download the Combofix.exe, there are two official website links to download it from: Link 1 and Link 2.
- Download Combofix it and save it to your desktop.
- You have two options, you can run it in regular windows but please shut down any anti-virus and anti-malware programs you have open. The second and best option is to restart computer and run it in safe mode.
- Run the Combofix.exe and follow each of the steps. Click yes when it asks about installing the Windows recovery console. This recovery console will help get your computer back if windows fails so you will need to be connected to the internet. If it fails to download, close Combofix.exe and back up your important files if possible and then proceed to run Combofix.exe again and continue running it despite its warnings of not able to download Windows Recovery console and if it still states your antivirus and anti-malware programs are still running in background, I did and my computer still got fixed without error thank goodness! But still…BEWARE! LOL
- Be aware while Combofix.exe is running your computer may keep restarting itself, it may also seem like your computer is frozen! It will also disable your internet connection. These are all normal. Just leave it be!
- You will know when Combofix.exe is done running when you finally see a log file displayed on your screen detailing what Combofix.exe did. The log file is called log.txt and may open in notepad.
- Test your browser and make sure overclick.cn is no longer affecting your computer. In my case the problem was resolved!
Now everything should be working fine and no more nasty overclick.cn virus! Well I hope you all enjoyed my video tutorial “Overclick.cn Virus, How To Remove Easily!”
VIDEO TUTORIAL [Please View Fullscreen]
Any Steps I Should Take When Overclick.cn Is Removed?
Create a restore point on your computer using System restore in case you get infected again you can restore to a previous state. You do that by using this instructions below:
- Click Start, point to “All Programs“, point to “Accessories“, point to “System Tools“, and then click “System Restore“.
System Restore now loads up.
- On the Welcome to System Restore page, click “Create a restore point“, and then click Next. Now under “Restore point description” give it a name, then click on the “Create” button.
- To restore a “System Restore” please visit “How to restore Windows XP to a previous state.”
Use a good antivirus and firewall to manage the activity between your computer and the internet. I personally use ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite.
Top 5 Antivirus Programs
- Zone Alarm Suite
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus
- ESET NOD32
- AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 8.0
- Norton AntiVirus 2008
Top 5 Firewall Programs
Computer Learning, Get Rid Of Overclick.Cn, How To, Http://overclick.cn, Overclick.Cn, Overclick.Cn Google, Overclick.Cn Solution, Overclick.Cn Solved, Remove Overclick.Cn, Remove Overclick.Cn Infection, Video Guide, Video Tutorial