Rocket Dock is a program launcher that increases productivity & the coolness factor to your desktop. This video guide will detail how you can use it.
This free software is in the category of “Program Launcher” or better know as an “Application Launcher.” A program launcher is an application used as a shortcut to launch other programs. Its use is to reduce the time it takes to launch other programs, having them readily available at the move of a mouse & a click of a button.
You can add icons of your most used programs & even categorize them by using separators. An example is having a section for typing software, a section for music players, a section for web design software, the list is endless. All it comes down to is what you put on RocketDock should increase your productivity! No more searching the Start menu for that program or cluttering up your desktop with icons 🙂
- Install & open RocketDock.
- Right click RocketDock & select settings. Under general tab check: Run at startup; running app indicators. Under position tab set [screen position] to top; set [layering] to always on top. Under behavior tab check [auto hide].
- Right click & choose Add item>Separator to add separators to organize certain objects into groups such as design apps; text apps; etc. Delete any default icons you won’t be using by right clicking them & selecting delete item. Right click RocketDock & select lock items so you don’t drag icons by accident to another spot.
- Extract the Carbon Gloss PNG Pack to a folder. In RocketDock right click an icon & select icon settings to change its look. Under Folders setting select the plus sign & find the Carbon Gloss PNG Pack folder you extracted(Once done you wont have to redo this again). Select the icon that represents the icon you chose.
Now you can be productive & have your desktop looking cool at the same time!
VIDEO TUTORIAL [Please View Fullscreen]
- You can find more information about RocketDock at http://rocketdock.com/
- The Application Launcher is very popular with the Apple Macintosh Computer systems where it is built into the Operating System called the Dock.
Words From RocketDock Creator Punk Labs:
“RocketDock is a smoothly animated, alpha blended application launcher. It provides a nice clean interface to drop shortcuts on for easy access and organization. With each item completely customizable there is no end to what you can add and launch from the dock.
Now with added Taskbar support your minimized windows can appear as icons on the dock. This allows for better productivity and accessibility.
- Minimize windows to the dock
- Real-time window previews in Vista
- Running application indicators
- Simple drag-n-drop interface
- Multi-monitor support
- Supports alpha-blended PNG and ICO icons
- Icons zoom and transition smoothly
- Auto-hide and Popup on mouse over
- Positioning and layering options
- Fully customizable
- Completely Portable
- ObjectDock Docklet support
- Compatible with MobyDock, ObjectDock, RK
Launcher, and Y’z Dock skins
- Runs great on slower computers
- Unicode compliant
- Supports many languages and can easily be translated
- A friendly user base 🙂
- And best of all… its FREE!!!”
Fatal error: Call to undefined function the_crossreferences() in /home3/zryscorp/public_html/pclicious/wp-content/themes/12-04-2014Donation/single.php on line 44