So many people are searching for the terms Show Desktop Icons Menu Missing, Show Desktop Icons Right Click Desktop Menu,”Show Desktop Icons” And Other Options Missing In The Desktop Right-Click Menu, Show Desktop Icons Missing Under Arrange Icons By, and the list goes on. Well you have landed on what you have been searching for!
“Show Desktop Icons Menu” missing on your desktop right click menu? I’ll show a very easy way to fix this and its other missing menus!
When you right-click the Desktop and choose the menu item “Arrange Icons By”, if any of these options are missing: Show Desktop icons, Lock web items on the Desktop, and/or Run Desktop Cleanup Wizard then this video tutorial is for you! I will show you how to easily fix the Show Desktop Icons Menu Missing and its “cousins” LMAO!
- Click Start > Click on Run > Type GPEDIT.MSC > Click OK.
- When the Group Policy window pops up, Navigate on the left side menu to> User Configuration>Administrative Templates>Desktop>Active Desktop.
- Make sure Prohibit Changes is set to Not Configured. To change it double-click it and select that option. Then click Apply, then click OK.
- Make sure Disable Active Desktop is set to Not Configured. To change it double-click it and select that option. Then click Apply, then click OK.
- Make sure Enable Active Desktop is set to Enabled. To change it double-click it and select that option. Then click Apply, then click OK.”
Now test your right click menu on the desktop and see if your menu is back! Mission accomplished! Good job soldiers! ATTEN-CHUN! AT EASE! LOL! Well I hope you all enjoyed my video tutorial “Show Desktop Icons Menu Missing, Easy Fix!”
VIDEO TUTORIAL [Please View Fullscreen]
Alternative Way To Fix Show Desktop Icons Missing Sub Menu Using The Windows Registry:
- Click on Start button, then click on Run and type in REGEDIT
- Click on File> Export> and save the registry file with a name you choose as a backup to your desktop.
- Navigate the tree to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER> Software> Microsoft> Windows> CurrentVersion> Policies> Explorer>
- Double-click NoActiveDesktopChanges and set it to 0
- Double-click NoActiveDesktop and set it to 0 (if exists)
- Close Registry Editor and restart Windows.
Other Resources On How To Fix Show Desktop Icons Menu Missing:
- Show Desktop icons” and other options missing in the Desktop right-click menu? | Show Desktop Icons Menu Missing
- Why Is The “Show Desktop Icon” Missing From My Desktop Right-Click Menu? | Show Desktop Icons Menu Missing
Computer Learning, Fix Missing Show Desktop Icons Menu, How To, Restore Show Desktop Icons Menu, Show Desktop Icons Menu, Show Desktop Icons Menu Missing, Show Desktop Icons Menu Missing In XP, Video Guide, Video Tutorial, Windows, Windows Annoyance, Windows Troubleshoot, Windows XP